Saturday 28 January 2012

Quick healthy salmon salad


Quick healthy salmon salad

(Look ma!  No mayonnaise!)
Quick healthy salmon salad
This salad recipe is super healthy, quick to make, and tasty with just a few Indian ingredients:
1 whole sweet red pepper, diced
3 thin slices of red onion, cut into small pieces

1 orange (I prefer a blood orange, if you can get it), sliced and cut into small pieces
½ of a 213 gram tin of salmon (save the rest for another salad tomorrow)
5 to 10 dehydrated banana chips, crumbled into large pieces
1 tablespoon unsalted shelled pistachios
1 teaspoon excellent quality olive oil
1 tiny lime, juiced
sprinkles of turmeric powder (I keep some in a salt shaker for handy access)
freshly ground black pepper
10 or so stalks of fresh cilantro
a pinch of dried chillie flakes (to taste)
I combine all of the above ingredients into a bowl about the right size for my lunch, drizzle the oil over it all, sprinkle the turmeric and grind the pepper over the salad.  Salt is unnecessary as the tinned salmon is salty enough. Using kitchen scizzors, I cut up the cilantro and stalks over the salad.  I toss it gently and gobble it down. 

2 comments: